Friday, June 03, 2005

Bumper Sticker Theology

Yesterday I saw a black-and-white bumper sticker with the following quotation:

I don't bless governments, I don't bless countries, and I don't bless wars. - God
This seems to indicate a stingy god in contrast to the compassionate God of the Bible. In the following passages He reveals Himself to be more generous with His blessings:

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. (Galatians 3:8)

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. (Proverbs 14:34)

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (II Chronicles 7:14 )

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD (Psalm 33:12)


Another bumper sticker on this vehicle advertised John Kerry's 2004 presidential bid.
I wonder if Howard Dean was driving.

Pray that they would get to know the God revealed in Scripture, and for all of us, pray that He would truly be Lord of our lives.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee Shelton said...

Amen!

6/6/05 17:31  

<< Home